OZSTOCK GSL 12A MPPT Solar Charger specialised switchmode converters
These compact 12A regulators are specialised switchmode converters that maximise the electrical power attainable from a solar panel, while optimising the battery charging process. They can provide 20% more charging current than conventional regulators. Each model is equipped with absorption and float charging stages, plus pre-sets for charging vented or sealed lead acid batteries. Auto detects battery voltage and selects the appropriate charge regime. Easy in-line connection between panels and batteries.
- Low cost MPPT controller, drop in replacement to standard regulators boosting output current by up to 30%
- Simple 3 wire “plug and play” connection
- Autoselect for 12V and 24V panels and batteries
- GSL® Solar Chargers – Designed in Australia
- Maximum Power Point Trackers (MPPT): These revolutionary MPPT chargers incorporate technology that won the prestigious ‘2008 EDN innovation award’. They are specialised switchmode converters that maximise the electrical power attainable from a solar panel, while optimising the battery charging process. MPPTs can provide 20% more charging current than conventional regulators. The GSL MPPT chargers automatically detect battery voltage and are designed to operate with panel input voltages much higher than the battery voltage. Panel voltage must be about 5V above the battery absorption voltage. That is, a 12V lead acid battery has a maximum charging voltage of about 14.4V, and for best panel efficiency will require a panel input voltage of at least 18V. GSL MPPTs are an ideal upgrade from conventional solar regulators. The higher efficiency may be offset with a smaller panel size to reduce costs.
- Efficiency typical: 96%
- Input voltage: 15.5V to 55V
- Output voltage: Float 13.5V / 27V Absorption 14.5V / 29V
- Output power: Peak 250W, constant 200W @29V / 150W @ 14.5V
- Quiescent current: 0.04A
- Thermal protection: Multilevel type
- Dimensions (mm): 35 X 75 X 100mm
- Indications: Dual LED display – battery OK / LOW